Living the dream baby!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

He's checking his list...

I was talking to Karsyn the other day about something I can't quite remember, but the conversation turned toward something I mentioned that I really liked. It was something at a store or something I had seen on the street. I don't recall which.

Anyway, she turns to me and tells me that I should “ask Santa for it.” It is that tie of the year after all.

“Well, I haven’t asked Santa for anything in a very long time,” I replied. “I’m not even sure I’d qualify, since I’m not a kid.”

It was at that point that realized my mistake.

“You can only ask Santa for stuff if you’re a kid?” asked the inquisitor.

“Um…well, I’m not quite sure, but I’ve never thought about it. There just came a time when I stopped asking him for stuff,” I mustered weakly. “I guess I could ask him for it.”

Then out of the blue, the logic started to roll.

“Why don’t you ask him for your Porsche?” she asked.

“Well, I guess I could ask him for the Porsche that I’ve been waiting for all my life,” I responded with a matter-of-factness that only a 7 year-old would dare.

Had there actually been a Santa Claus nearby, I probably would have plopped my big butt on his lap and laid it all out. “Can I have a 911 Santa? A midnight blue one?”

I think I’m going to ask him the next chance I get. That would of course require for me to actually set foot in a mall, which as my wife will attest, is something I would choose after a root canal if given a preference.

The point of all of this is that I had forgotten when it was like to experience that fantastic time in your life when guys like Santa Claus still existed. It’s only a matter of time before some punk kid at school ruins the whole thing for her. That will then be quickly passed on to spoil her little brother’s idea of that Santa guy.

So with that, I’m going out on a limb and am formally publishing my Christmas with list for 2006:

Porsche 911
My baby
– Midnight Blue Porsche 911 Carrera 4 (any year will do…I’m not picky!)

– 2 year subscription to Vintage Motorsport Magazine

- $15 climb in Yahoo stock price by May 1st

- A speedy recovery for my dad

- Health and prosperity for all my family and friends

- Peace on earth (ok, who am I kidding)

- A Stanley Cup in June

That’s it…I know it’s a short list, but I’m not a greedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home