Living the dream baby!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Boo!

IMG_2583
One of our pumpkins
OK, I know I'm lame for taking a week to post this, but here's my 2006 Halloween report. It's been a busy October, and things are just destined to get nuttier with the Holidays and all.

We had a good Ole Hallows Eve. The day started with a costume parade at Karsyn’s school, which was followed by a day or work at the office for me (frightening stuff actually), and finally wrapped up with some trick-or-treating. Actually Sonya took the kids out, while I manned the candy bowl at home.

As usual, out neighborhood is lame. We had maybe 30 kids come by all night. I remember when I was a kid, we’d hit every house within a 5 mile radius of home. We trick-or-treated until we had homes burned in our shoes. These kids today are just plain lazy I tell you. No wonder they’re all obese!

IMG_2583
Shirly Temple, Jack
Sparrow and Belle
I remember this trick I had as a kid. I’d always make sure I had a mask incorporated into my costume, because I could double up on houses. I’d hit a house up for some candy with the mask on, walk around the side of the house, remove the mask, then hit the same house again. I have to say that I was quite brilliant as a 9-year-old.

OK, I was a little punk, but I’d collect twice the candy in half the time. It’s not my fault you were dumb and took twice as long as me to score your loot. That’s resourceful if you ask me.

And they wonder where Ry gets it from?!?!?

Anyhow, it was a pretty quite evening. We had one loon come by. He was 13, maybe 14 years old, about 6 feet tall, dressed as a pumpkin. Yes, a 6-foot tall pumpkin. Glasses, disheveled hair, the whole nine yards.

IMG_2583
West Valley Costume Parade
Anyway, I give him a piece of candy, but he doesn’t like it. Only he stands there for about 30 seconds silent. He then tells me he doesn’t like the type of candy I’ve selected for him and proceeds to attempt to grab something else out of my bowl.

Fortunately, my guard is already up, because the kid just looks weird. So I pull the bowl back and tell him to keep his mits out of my candy bowl. And yes, I locked the door after closing it, and yes, it did cross my mind that the kid would return with a cleaver an hour later.

Thankfully, he did not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home