Living the dream baby!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Game On!

Ry getting chomped
Ry getting chomped
This Thursday night, all things will be right in the world. Hockey season starts and my butt will be planted firmly in my seat at HP Pavilion to watch the Sharks attempt to bring home their first Stanley Cup.

Ry Ry is evolving into quite the fan himself. He loves going to the game, and will actually sit through an entire contest. Granted, he will spot the cotton candy vendor from 400 yards, but he's pretty good.

He is slowly mastering the chomp (he knows to do it when the Jaws music starts), and when to say "Hey" and pump his fist after the Sharks score a goal. It's very impressive for a two-year-old.

Game On!
Watching from the glass
He's probably going with me on Thursday night, since his big sister has school on Friday morning. No hockey on school nights. He has a hand-me-dwon jersey (courtesy of his sister) and a real affinity for the home team. Sharkie, the team mascot, scares the hell out of him, but I guess if a shark that was 8 times my size nuzzled up to me when I was that age, I'd probably freak out myself.

I can't wait for Thursday night. Hockey is back!!!

Toof-less
Toof-less
Karsyn decided to get into the act by losing a tooth just in time for the drop of the first puck. I snapped this photo of her shortly after it popped out. She'll probably be ready to drop the gloves with her brother when she finds out that he's going to opening night, and sh's staying home with mom.

Maybe I'll make them shoot for it in the backyard. We have a hockey net back there. Best of 10 shots from 25 feet perhaps. Ry has a wicked slapshot from that range, so he'd probably take it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home