Living the dream baby!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Take it to the hole!

Not a lot going on around these parts now that the holidays have passed. This was another 3-day weekend for me, because my company decided to shift one of our holidays to the MLK holiday.I would have preferred that it be used some other time, because having just taken several days during Xmas and New Years, I was well rested.

In any case, we’re bucking up for 2006. Karsyn has been practicing on her youth basketball team (yes, now it’s basketball). She’s on the Pink Tigers, and looks to be quite lost out on the court. Her coach is actually very good. Some might say he’s a bit too hardcore for kids this age, but hey, I’m all for having them learn the game.

Her games start in two weeks, but the team has already had 7 or 8 practices. Sonya and I took Karsyn down to the school to work on her shot, but the local elementary school doesn’t have 6 foot rims (the height that they use at this level). We’ll need to track one down.

Sonya was peeved at me, because the first thing I covered with Karsyn was how to talk proper smack on the court. I taught her to say “Get that mess outta here”, when she blocks a shot, and “Not in my house” when on defense.

This of course is simply me trying to get under my wife’s skin, because no 6-year-old should be saying those things on the court (although it would be pretty funny).

Ryan has converted a play golf club into his very own hockey stick. I watch so much hockey on TV, he was bound to do this sooner or later. He’s actually become quite good at stick-handling a tennis ball up and down the hall. Unfortunately he has also learned how to slash his father’s feet when they are propped up on the couch. I’m sure his mother taught him this.

I get a kick out of him, when he gets real serious and decides to take his “puck” coast to coast from our bedroom to the TV in the family room. He ends his jaunt with a very serious blurting of the word “hockey!” Game on Garth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home