Living the dream baby!

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The 8 Year Itch

Sonya I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary today. It’s really hard to believe that it’s been eight years since we tied the knot. Seems like yesterday. We actually got a head start on the event by going out to dinner last Saturday night, sans children. We dined at Manresa in Los Gatos.

“Manresa is the showcase for the inventive cuisine of Executive Chef David Kinch. Influenced by French and modern Spanish Catalan cooking…”, or so says their website.

The food was inventive. A couple of the dishes certainly dazzled my palate. Manresa offers three to five course meal selections from a prix fixe menu. We opted to have wines paired with our food, hoping to have select vintages to compliment our meal. This was a mistake, which was partly my fault. My food selections leaned toward milder wines, which is exactly what I didn’t want.

Bold food, calls for bold wine. I wanted fireworks going off in my mouth, but instead, I was forced to endure a Spanish white that didn’t have the effect I was shooting for. Our friend of ours (who will remain anonymous in order to protect his well being) recently told me that "white was was made to keep the women happy, until the good stuff arrived."

If you choose to give Manresa a shot, do try the Roast Sea Scallops and the Smoked Salmon. Skip the wine pairings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home