Living the dream baby!

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

A Day at the Game



My dad was gracious enough to give me his 49er tickets for the December 26th game against the Buffalo Bills. These are the same 49ers, who entered this game with a 2-12 record, so what could be better than going to see a lousy team get their teeth kicked in. I’m a Raider fan, so it had the makings of a great day.

This was Ryan’s first NFL game (Karsyn went to a game with me last year), so it was a little special for me. I wish it had been a Raider game, but a 49er whipping is the next best thing. We tailgated with our friends Gary & Shelly and their kids, Stephan, Kylie and Amber. The weather was a little nasty (we got rained on), but it was a great day all around.


Bills fans for a day!

The 49er fans were very cordial. None of them showed up (real fans huh?), so we had little problem getting in or out of the stadium. We had empty seats surrounding us, so there was plenty of room to spread out. Think I’m kidding? Checkout the photos I took. There were 25,000 fans disguised as empty seats.


49er games are snoozers

The Bills topped off a perfect day with a 41-7 win over the hapless 49ers. There only slip up was allowing the 49ers to score late in the 4th quarter. It would have been the first 49er shutout since 1977, but unfortunately it didn't happen. I think the Bills defense got bored and dropped their guard for a minute or two. Ah well, I'll have to learn to enjoy 34 point wins I guess.


Ryan could have scored on the 9ers defense!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home