Living the dream baby!

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Hey doc, can you do a Carrera?

So this is one of those stories that is too fantastic to pass up. Sonya and I were lounging in bed last Sunday, watching TV during a lazy weekend morning. Karsyn's morning routine includes hopping into our bed, and making sure we're awake.

There’s not much worth watching on TV on Sunday mornings, so we have the boob tube on some TBS movie about a band of high school cheerleaders that rob a bank in order to raise cash for one of the cheerleaders who was kicked out of the house by her parents after getting pregnant.


Nothing gets past this one

The plot of the movie is partially relevant to the story, so I’m forced to admit that I actually spent time watching a movie that had high school cheerleaders as the primary characters in the film. Well, now that I think of it, I’m getting to that point in my life where anything relating to a high school cheerleader is actually semi-interesting. But I digress.

Anyway, when the pregnant cheerleader tells her cheermates that she’s pregnant, one of said cheermates immediately blurts out that “they’ll be right by her side when she gets her abortion”.

Radar ears Karsyn hears this word of course, then proceeds to start our day off on high note with the following observation.

“A-bortia!,” she says. That’s daddy’s favorite car!”

The laughter that filled the room was priceless. I think I’m more tickled by the fact that my five year-old knows that the Porsche is one of my favorite cars, but you can’t help but love the observations of children. Priceless indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home