Living the dream baby!

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Ry Turns the Big Uno!



Hard to believe that it’s already been a year since Ryan was born. We celebrated the event with his 1st birthday party the weekend before last, but I’ve been so busy that I haven’t had a chance to post anything. I think it took that long for both Sonya and I to recover from the flu that we both had the day of his party. We were both down for the count, feeling miserable.

Putting things into perspective, I’d settle for the flu versus the ordeal Sonya went through when Ryan was born. Ryan’s birth was one of the happiest days of my life, but what followed almost turned into the worst day of my life. I was almost faced with the worst nightmare of my life. I don’t dwell on why we had to go through all of that stuff, but rather think of it as a new opportunity for both Sonya and I.


Ry scores some loot!

We’ve been blessed with two beautiful children, and we both have our health now, so I look at the silver lining part of the whole ordeal. Of course it’s easy for me to move on, because I wasn’t the one who had to endure the birth of a child, then spend the next two days in intensive care with a breathing tube down my throat. I can only hope that Sonya looks at the positives that came out of the deal.

I’m a lucky man, and I know it.

So with that said, I’ll get back to talking about the celebration we held for our son’s first birthday. I’m sad that we were both sick, because I really wanted it to be a celebration. Ryan is a great kid, and I’m ecstatic to be his dad. It was certainly an event worth celebrating.


Eyeing the sugar

The weather gods had other ideas however. We had to move things back to our house, because the temps were dipping into the 50’s, and the wind didn’t help matters. It was great to see our friends and family, and Ryan is diggin all his new toys. Happy Birthday Ry!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home