Living the dream baby!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Finally a cool Search tool



So I've been playing with MyWeb2.0, whic is a new search product from Yahoo. It allows you to easily archive, categorize and retrieve web search results, or web links via an easy to use interface. I actually dig this product because it allows me to finally keep all those archane URLs that I've copiled over the years.

There's an import feature which allows you to grab links out of your browser favorites as well.

Another cool feature is a community view, which allows you to see links that your friends have made public (or public to friends). This Public vs limited public vs private feature allows you to control who has access to your links. I love this feature because I've been able to gleen a couple of realy cool sites from friends.

I was able to discover Talkr (http://www.talkr.com), which allows you to convert blog content into podcast files...unfortunately it doesn't support atom, so you won't be listening to this blog anytime soon.

Anyway, checkout the MyWeb2.0 beta at:
http://myweb2.search.yahoo.com/

If you sign up, let me know and I'll add you to my community of friends so we can share links.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Brooks said...

Good morning,

Thanks for your post on Talkr. While you're correct that we don't currently support Atom feeds, there is a free and simple workaround to this (if you're interested). If you setup a free feed with FeedBurner (www.feedburner.com) and then point Talkr to this new feed, FeedBurner will serve us an RSS feed. (You get lots of other benefits for using FeedBurner, so you might be interested, even if you decide not to use Talkr.)

Thanks again for trying Talkr, and please let me know if you have any questions.

-Chris (cbrooks at talkr dot com)

7:08 AM

 
Blogger Mike said...

Tried the Feedburner route, which sets up a feed that Talkr can recognize, but it's still not able to conver a post over to an audio format.

Please tell me you have Atom support on your roadmap :)

If you're going to require your users to jump through the Feedburner hoop, then your product is doomed. Simplicity is the key my friend.

8:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home