Living the dream baby!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Shave & a Haircut, 2 Bits

Just a little off the top buddy

Ryan took one of his first steps into the path of manhood on Wednesday. He got his first haircut. OK, except for the fact that his mom took him to get it cut, and that it was at a salon (not a barbershop), it was a step toward manhood. A man’s gotta look good right?

Apparently Ry was all business. And from the looks of it, his bottle kept him busy for a majority of the event. Nothing like a good bottle of milk to keep your mind of other serious matters. Sonya said he didn’t cry, which makes us two-for-two in the child not crying at their first haircut experience.

Karsyn was all business as well back when she got her first haircut.

Sonya actually clipped Ry’s bangs right after his first birthday, because his mop was hanging down in front of his eyes. I wouldn’t let her touch his head before his first birthday, because it’s bad luck to cut your child’s hair before they turn one.

No, this isn’t a Korean or German superstition. In fact, I don’t know where I heard that it was, but I vowed that I would abide by the laws of good superstition and heed them all. You’ll never catch me stepping on the chalk at a softball game, I don’t walk under ladders, and I rub my earlobes regularly.

You can ask Sonya about that last one. It’s a superstition my grandmother passed on to me when I was a kid, and I have faithfully followed ever since. You may notice that I have very nice detached earlobes, not the kind that are stuck to the side of your head. Those are just plain wrong.

Most people don’t realize I’m as superstitious as I am. I’m not religious, but I’ll be damned if I don’t rub my earlobes at least once a day.

Anyway. Ryan got his first official salon trim, and his mother is all the happier for it. That’s all that really matters.

More [Haircut Photos]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home